"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday update...

Today, I was pleased as punch when I walked into Sonny's room and he was...sound asleep. Finally, he was resting deeply, not fidgeting and breathing without such obvious effort.

We still do not have any idea how long the whole process will take to see Sonny get better, but it is encouraging that compared to yesterday he does seem to be breathing easier and resting well. He didn't eat or drink much today, so his IV remains on board to keep him hydrated. He is so tired right now that sleep is the priority.

Obviously this is not Sonny, but today he just reminded me so much
 of a sleepy little boy...
I sat with him for a few hours today and held his hand while he slept. Now and then he would jerk awake and squeeze onto my hand, look at me, then fall back to sleep. I think it must be disconcerting to him to keep track of where he is and what has happened to him, so I just rubbed his hand, told him we all love him and that sleeping is just fine right now. He can get out and about again when he is healed up again, and we look forward to getting him out to see Christmas lights this year.

For now, baby steps one hour and day at a time. We invite notes for Sonny, guestbook entries, emails, anything at all. We show him these, and it has to be encouraging to him to know that so many people are thinking of him right now. Thank you all for your support and encouragement...it has been a rough few days.

"I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived.” 

~Chris Cleave, from the book "Little Bee"

Sonny's journal page:    www.SonnyPRoad.blogspot.com
Sonny's Facebook:    Sonny on Facebook
Sonny's email:    SonnyIsGreat@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment